The Winds of Faith is a Community Concert Band under the direction of Van Crane. The band will continue its 12thSeason with a concert on Sunday, Nov. 3rd, at 5:00 pm at the First Methodist Church of Loomis.
The concert will include a variety of familiar sacred and secular music built around the theme “The Story”. “The Story”, by Robert Longfield, is based on the old Hymn “I Love To Tell the Story”. Other featured selections will be Sousa’s “Stars and Stripes Forever” and “The Prayer” by Sager & Foster with vocalists Carole Brewer & Paul Swaim. Other selections will include “God Bless America” and W.C. Handy’s “St. Louis Blues March”.
The concert is free to the public with a freewill offering taken during the concert for the Ensemble.
Future concerts for Winds of Faith:
- Sun, Nov 10,6:00 pm Shepherd of the Sierra Presbyterian Church (5400 Barton Rd, Loomis)
- Sun, Dec 15,6:00 pm St. Augustine of Canterbury Episcopal Church (1800 Wildcat Blvd, Rocklin)
- Tue, Mar 31,7:00 pm The Gables at Springfield (2801 Springfield Dr, Rocklin)
- Sun, May 24,5:00 pm Lincoln Hills Community Church (950 E Joiner Pkwy, Lincoln)
- Sat or Sun first weekend in June Carmichael Community Band Festival
For those who may be interested, Winds of Faith has openings in all sections for qualified musicians. However, they are especially interested having the following instrumentalists join their ranks: Euphonium/Baritone, French Horn, Percussion, Tenor Sax, Clarinet, Oboe, String Bass and Trombone. The ensemble rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 7-9 at Olympus JHS in Roseville. For more information interested musicians should contact Director Crane at email@example.com 707-363-1679.