Missions provide service and outreach to our community and world.
- Mission trips– Once or twice a year we sponsor people to travel to disaster areas both in the US and abroad to rebuild homes and schools and offer a friendly, consoling presence to those who are hurting.
- Roseville Food Kitchen– On the fourth Monday of the month, we’re in charge of preparing and serving up lunch to those in need at the First United Methodist Church in Roseville. Any one is welcome to work with us.
- Gathering Inn—We also prepare meals for the homeless at the Gathering Inn and provide a meal and shelter at our church once a month.
Ministry Opportunities in our Congregation
There are so many ways to give your gifts of leadership, presence, compassion and creativity in our church. We always welcome people to participate in the following ways or maybe you’ll think of something new!
- Communion Stewards take the elements to the homebound once a month.
- Stephen Ministers accompany folk on the long road to recovery from losing a spouse, losing a job, divorce, or major health issues. These ministers go through a 50-hour training to learn active listening skills.
- Helping Hands volunteers provide meals, transportation or a friendly face when you need it.
- Liturgist-Help in worship with reading Scripture and leading prayers.
- Greeters-Meet new people and guide them through their first Sunday morning among us. Help them feel welcome!
- Ministry Team service- Opportunities to plan events, programs, or meet the needs of a growing congregation exist in a wide variety of ministry teams. Subscribe to the Lantern Newsletter to learn more about these opportunities.